BY AGE 25, COLLAGEN PRODUCTION STARTS DECLINING BY ONE TO TWO PERCENT. YOU MAY BE ASKING WHAT IS IT AND WHAT’S THE BIG DEAL? HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD START TAKING COLLAGEN TODAY.
What is Collagen?
It’s a protein that is found in the body and contributes to the health of your bones, skin, cartilage, and connective tissue. When there is not enough in the body, a person can experience joint problems or loss of skin elasticity. This is important because it’s the skin’s ability to stretch and snap back. Think of a rubber band and its ability to snap back to its original shape. The skin is the largest organ and moves as we move. It stretches as the body’s shape changes, e.g., during pregnancy or increased weight (including muscle) gains.
Collagen is primarily responsible for strong hair, nails, skin, and bones. While it’s produced in the body, there are 28 types. The most common is found in connective tissue, which supports tendons, ligaments, and muscles. Others support joints, blood vessels, and fibers in the skin. While these are all important in having a healthy body, diet can impact the production of collagen and the body’s ability to use it properly. For some people, collagen supplements are a great way to support these functions and improve overall health.
Here are 6 potential benefits of taking collagen supplements:
- Improves skin health – Improve the skin’s elasticity and reduce the appearance of saggy skin or wrinkles. It can also improve hydration to the skin.
- Improves joint health – It can help maintain cartilage in the joints, such as in your knees, elbows, or fingers. Also, it can help improve arthritis symptoms and reduce pain.
- Reduces bone loss – These supplements can help bones keep their structure and strength, which will prevent weak bones and potential bone breaks or fractures.
- Increases muscle mass – Support muscle mass by supporting muscle growth after exercise.
- Promotes heart health – Collagen helps support blood vessels and arteries, which are responsible for transporting blood throughout the body. It can help with the flow of blood and therefore reduce the risk of experiencing a heart attack or stroke.
- Promotes overall health – It can also improve the strength of hair and nails.
As we age, our bodies produce less collagen which impacts our body’s ability to function properly. If you want beautiful skin and healthy movement, consider adding a collagen supplement to your routine. Keep in mind, your body also needs vitamin C to use collagen.
What makes our Collagen Peptides different
Our unique blend combines hyaluronic acid and goFAT® olive oil powder, which is packed with healthy fats and prebiotics, to aid your body inside and out. This premium beauty blend not only helps support hair, nail, bone, and joint health, but also gives your skin a visibly radiant glow, so you can go about your day feeling strong and confident. GoFAT® helps our Collagen Peptides dissolve easily so you can mix it in with your morning coffee or even baked goods. It also contains seven essential amino acids that are known for muscle growth, post-workout recovery, and weight loss support. Plus, we’re proud to use only the best ingredients. Our collagen Peptides are free of sugar, soy, milk, eggs, synthetic colors, and artificial flavors or ingredients, along with no hidden additives, or fillers.
Feel the difference
Pure 21 contributor Ashley Townes is a collagen convert after trying our supplement.
She adds, “I’ve personally been using the Pure 21 collagen peptide supplement and have seen remarkable results. Three months ago, I started adding the powder to my coffee and protein shakes and my skin is glowing. I’ve noticed fewer breakouts, and it feels hydrated even during the winter months. I thought it was a hoax so I stopped using it for a week and I noticed that my skin felt dry, especially around my eyes. So far, I’m loving it and have even noticed a reduction in knee pain during and after my runs.”
Want to feel better in your skin? Try our Collagen Peptides today and to help you get the boost you need.