It’s been a week since you started. Do you feel like you keep reusing the same recipes? Don’t stress. We’ve got you covered.
Week two is exactly like week one when it comes to the foods you can and cannot eat, so here are 7 more delicious recipes to keep you on track and your taste buds satisfied.
Huevos Mexicanos – Yields 2-3 Servings
- 6 egg whites
- Pinch chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (43 g) onion, chopped
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup avocado (32 g), sliced
- Pinch fresh cilantro
Beat the egg whites with chili powder. Set aside. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion. Stir fry until the onion is translucent. Stir in seasoned eggs. Scramble until eggs are almost fully cooked. Add tomato, avocado, and cilantro; stir in gently until everything is mixed together.
Avocado Cilantro Chicken Salad – Yields 4-6 Servings
- 2 large avocados, pitted
- 1 bundle cilantro
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime juice
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 g) garlic powder
- 3 chicken breasts of whole chicken, shredded
- 4-6 long carrots, shredded
- 6 stems celery, diced
- Handful sliced almonds
Add avocados, cilantro, lemon and lime juice, and garlic powder to the food processor. Mix thoroughly until the avocado becomes a paste. This will take about 1-2 minutes. Add the avocado sauce to the shredded chicken. Mix veggies into the chicken salad and add a handful of sliced almonds. Top with any leftover cilantro to garnish.
Asparagus with Sun-Dried Tomatoes – Yields 1 Serving
- 6 asparagus
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp (12 g) onion, minced
- 1 tbsp (12 g) sun-dried tomato, minced
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
Over medium-high heat, put all the veggies in a large skillet. Pour water and lemon juice on top, stir once, and cover. Steam for about 5 minutes.
Onion Egg Salad – Yields 1 Serving
- 2 whole hard boiled eggs
- 2 hard boiled eggs, whites only
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dijon mustard
- Pinch onion powder
- 1 tsp green onion (4 g), finely chopped
Peel the eggs and slice in half. Carefully remove the yolks from 2 eggs and place egg whites, yolks, and whole eggs in a mixing bowl. Mash the eggs with a fork. Stir in mustard, onion powder, and green onion. Mix until creamy.
Coconut Garlic Shrimp – Yields 2 Servings
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 8 oz. (227 g) shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (24 g) coconut meat, shredded
- 1 tbsp (12 g) fresh dill
Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallots and sauté for 2 minutes without browning. Add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes. Add lemon juice, shredded coconut, and dill. Stir well for about a minute before serving.
Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken – Yields 2 Servings
- 12-14 oz. (340-397 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup (32 g) strawberries
- 1/4 cup (32 g) blueberries
- 1 tbsp (12 g) roasted sunflower seeds
Grill chicken breast and slice into thin strips. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk together. Add spinach, berries, and chicken together in a mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil dressing. Top off with roasted sunflower seeds and enjoy.
Spicy Peppered Broccoli – Yields 2 Servings
- 2 cups (256 g) broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup (64 g) red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp (4 g) fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) white wine vinegar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch black pepper
Over medium-high heat, put all the veggies in a large skillet. Pour lime juice and vinegar on top, stir once, sprinkle cayenne and black pepper on top, then cover. Steam for about 5 minutes.
You now have a variety of delicious recipes at your disposal to continue using well after the Pure 21 Wellness Challenge. Next week, as the restrictions on your eating start to loosen, we’ll have some recipes for you to try that are in line with your new freedoms.