Cutting out alcohol for the next 21 days shouldn’t mean you can’t experience the refreshing taste of a cold margarita. Below, you will find a list of delicious beverages you can enjoy during the Pure 21 Wellness Challenge guilt free.
Apple Melon Sizzler
- 1 whole cantaloupe (or honeydew melon)
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 apple
- 1/4-inch (0.635 cm) piece of ginger
- 1 25 oz. (739 ml) bottle of sparkling water
- Salt to taste
Put all ingredients except sparkling water and salt through a juicer. Mix the juice with the sparkling water. Serve over ice. Garnish with a citrus slice if desired.
Coconut Raspberry Lemonade
- 1/4 cup (32 g) frozen raspberries
- 1-2 tbsp (5-10 ml) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 lemon slices
- 1 cup (237 ml) coconut water
Combine all ingredients in a large glass. Serve over ice with an optional sprig of mint leaves.
- 2 12 oz (355 ml) cans club soda
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) fresh lime juice (from 3 to 4 limes)
- 1 Kirby cucumber, thinly sliced
In a pitcher, combine the club soda, lime juice, and cucumber. Serve over ice.
- 3 tomatoes
- 4-5 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/3 English cucumber
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/3 of a small beet
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
Juice the vegetables and pour into a large glass. Add a pinch of sea salt and an optional press of garlic. Stir well.
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 1 can lime sparkling water
- 2 lime slices
Put 4 sliced strawberries and mint leaves in a glass and crush them until the fruit is broken up and the leaves are bruised. Add ice to glass. Pour sparkling water over ice. Add lime slices and the last of the strawberry slices to the drink. If desired, garnish with fresh mint leaves and strawberry slices.
Cutting out alcohol for three weeks can be tough, but these recipes can be a great way to make you feel included when your friends are partying around you. Plus, they taste great and can give you ideas for drinks when you are allowed to introduce alcohol back into your diet.